Wednesday 1 January 2014

Group Project: Boardgame



We had our first group project which was to make a playable boardgame with clear rules. I was in charge of creating the board for our game 'Bear Arms'. 

Our theme was teddy bears vs. toy army solders where you play as the teddy bears protecting their toy-box from being invaded by the army solders. The battle ground was meant to represent a child's bedroom floor. That's why you can see clothes and toys scattered on the board. Some of the elements like the gum and dominoes had in-game effects.

It was strange working on a project like this with a group for the first time but I enjoyed it. I noticed that I can take charge if that's what needs to happen but I'm perfectly happy to take orders and just try my hardest on them.  Everyone got along well even if our group never really interacted much before that and everyone took a piece of the project and worked on it in their own time. We arranged meetings to see where we were at and most of the time we were on or even ahead of schedule, so for a first time experience of working in a group...I'd say I really liked it. 

It would be interesting to see what a group of different people could have accomplished since the skills would all get jumbled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment